Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mormon Radio

In the last year, I have wondered why there is no LDS radio station. When I flip through the AM & FM bands I hear a lot of religious stations, mostly evangelical Christian and non-denominational. I also saw a bumper sticker recently for a Catholic radio station, although I haven't heard that one yet. I have thought about it to the point that I wondered how I could start a station on the cheap that just played on a loop General Conference talks, BYU scripture roundtable discussions, and other firesides. There is plenty of church material that has been produced over the years that could easily fill years of unique programming. Well, I don't have to think about that any longer because now the Church has started, "Mormon Channel" on HD Radio. Check it out! The next step is getting a dedicated channel in Sacramento! And I'll hold out hope that Mormon Channel 2.0 will include a talk station that allows for Q&A.

1 comment:

jeanetterolph said...

It's about time.....sites like yours will help spread the word!
Great site...by the way :)